[Gluster-users] The Fifth Elephant 2014 - Discount codes for GlusterFS users

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Jul 21 17:54:44 UTC 2014

The Fifth Elephant is a Big Data and Analytics conference on 23-26 July
2014 in Bangalore, India.

  https://fifthelephant.in/2014/conference

We are proud to support the folks there, and they have extended a 10%
discount to the GlusterFS Community.  Ticket purchase URL:

  http://hasgeek.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c84c1486d2d6a025417c5d146&id=8b9e5676cd&e=d2c198233a

Highlights
**********

* India's largest gathering of big data and analytics practitioners
* Talks will showcase latest trends in the field and the opportunities
  that can be leveraged
* Speakers will share practical experiences with data mining, machine
  learning and building technology for analytics

Featured Talks
**************

* The Genome Project
  Personalized Medicine and Big Data
  - Anu Acharya, Mapmygenome

* The ART of Data Mining
  Practical Learnings from Real-world Data Mining applications
  - Shailesh Kumar, Google
  https://funnel.hasgeek.com/fifthel2014/1166-the-art-of-data-mining-practical-learnings-from-re

There are more listed on the conference website. These two sound
interesting to me personally.  I'd go to them if I was in
Bangalore: :)

* Crafting Visual Stories with Data
  Amit Kapoor, narrativeVIZ Consulting
  https://funnel.hasgeek.com/fifthel2014/1098-crafting-visual-stories-with-data

* Scaling real time visualisations for Elections 2014
  S. Anand, Chief Data Scientist at Gramener
  https://funnel.hasgeek.com/fifthel2014/1146-scaling-real-time-visualisations-for-elections-201

Format
******

* Analytics infrastructure
  Platforms, tools & in-house solutions.

* Data mining & Machine learning
  Applications in different domains

Who should attend?
******************

* Data scientists, developers, architects, DBAs, researchers,
  business - from data enthusiasts to data geeks

For further information

Website: fifthelephant.in
Schedule: funnel.hasgeek.com
Tickets: fifthel.doattend.com