[Gluster-users] Gluster vs NFS export sync

Santosh Pradhan spradhan at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 03:02:19 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 06:24 AM, Franco Broi wrote:
> I think the option I need is noac.

noac is no-attribute-caching in NFS. By default, NFS client would cache
the meta-data/attributes of FILEs for 3 seconds and directory for 30
seconds (default value). NFS client revalidates the attr cache by
sending periodic GETATTR call. But if the client is mounted with noac,
then it wont cache attrs. I dont think it's available in FUSE mount.
This is not applicable to WRITE I/O which keeps changing the attrs. This
cant make I/Os synchronous. I/Os may get cached (VM subsystem cache) in
either side (NFS client and NFS server side).

Thanks,
Santosh