[Gluster-users] Script and tips for parallelizing rsync

Alan Orth alan.orth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:56:23 UTC 2014

That's good to hear, Dan.

Yeah, since I published that I've heard a variety of similar solutions
(like with GNU parallel).  It's really good to get the information out
there, because you never know you need to run rsync with multiple
threads until you need it!

I think the more solutions we have, the better.  Mine makes sense to me,
because I went through the whole ordeal and built it step by step, but I
can see how other methods would make more sense to other people.  That's
also why I attempted to explain all the rsync and xargs options on my
blog post!

Regards,

Alan