[Gluster-users] postgresql HA

Thomaz Luiz Santos thomaz.santos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:47:19 UTC 2014

Hello!
Good nothing better to do some tests to find out the result.

installed on both machines.
ubuntu 14:04
corosync 2.3.3
pacemaker 1.1.10
glusterfs 3.4
postgresql 9.3

operating system disk to 20GB
20GB disk for replication (postgresql)
20GB disk for replication (files in common use)

configured corosync, pacemaker, GlusterFS and postgresql

the tests I did, yes it is possible, to do the cluster using the glusterfs,
I'll do some stress tests, I believe that if one is necessary tunning in
glusterfs to improve performance, for small files.

the only warning that postgresql is showing me in log file is:
07.07.2014 14:29:17 EDT WARNING: corrupted statistics file "pg_stat_tmp /
global.stat"

that file is the statistics databases (Statistics from the bench and
tables)
I believe it is related to performance that needs to be adjusted.

I did a load of nearly 10GB of data in the postgresql, he was showing some
errors, so I restore the database without GlusterFS, then I made the copy
of the postgresql folder for GlusterFS, it worked correctly.

JoeJulian you did something like what I'm trying to do, show yours point of
views on the matter?

worth remembering that the whole environment is only for testing.

root at node01:~# gluster volume info

Volume Name: banco
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: e470ac48-954b-4a0c-9702-d6fb272fc1df
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: node01:/mnt/banco/testes
Brick2: node02:/mnt/banco/testes

Volume Name: imagens
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 0fd9e4bc-a7cb-418d-a0f6-af7216d09e2b
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: node01:/mnt/imagens/testes
Brick2: node02:/mnt/imagens/testes

root at node01:~# df -h
Filesystem                         Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/node01--vg-root         19G   12G  5.9G  67% /
none                               4.0K     0  4.0K   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
udev                               487M  4.0K  487M   1% /dev
tmpfs                              100M  748K   99M   1% /run
none                               5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
none                               498M   90M  408M  18% /run/shm
none                               100M     0  100M   0% /run/user
/dev/sda1                          236M   66M  158M  30% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_banco-lv_banco       20G  9.8G   11G  50% /mnt/banco
/dev/mapper/vg_imagens-lv_imagens   20G   35M   20G   1% /mnt/imagens
node01:/imagens                     20G   35M   20G   1% /imagens
node01:/banco                       20G  9.8G   11G  50% /banco

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

--
Thomaz Luiz Santos