[Gluster-users] gluster replacing a brick

Hariharan Thantry thantry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 05:40:41 UTC 2014

Shyam,

Thanks. What would be *extremely* useful is the ability to move data off
the brick just through replace brick, where the other identified brick is a
member of the current cluster (Isn't that something that would be natural?)

The *real* issue for me is that my disk hosts multiple bricks, each of
whose replicas are on other bricks (higher redundancy). You can't "remove"
a brick without taking out its replica as well. Wouldn't it be much simpler
for Gluster to be able to manage this in the backend through replace-brick?

BTW, I also noticed that Gluster doesn't like it if I went down from X
replicas to 1 replicas, and the X replica bricks are not specified in the
order as obtained from `gluster volume info`.

Thanks,
Hari