[Gluster-users] Several questions from replicas to performance

Dean Bruhn deanmichael at artisnotcrime.com
Thu Jan 23 15:23:53 UTC 2014

Elias,
	I would suggest testing your performance of your bricks directly and see if you have an issue there, verify all of your building blocks and them worry about gluster. XFS is the suggested starting point, a lot of people have avoided EXT4 because of some upstream issues that happened with the kernel development a while back, my understanding is that it is stable and working, but most people still shy away from it because of the previous issue.

 There is a writeup on ZFS on the wiki, I have not personally used it, but I have seen successful reports, and reports of better performance over XFS. Again unverified by me.

- Dean