[Gluster-users] Automatically Deploying GlusterFS with Puppet-Gluster+Vagrant!

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 08:38:19 UTC 2014

I tried again and I failed again.

I had to modify your patch for vagrant-cachier as the plugin has been
updated to 0.5.1. After this, I tried to get the puppet vm up and
failed.
I'm using vagrant-1.4 and it appears to have some issues with
vagrant-libvirt and nfs. I commented out a couple of lines in
vagrant-libvirt based on a comment on your first vagrant blog post. I
tried getting the puppet vm up again. This time the domain starts, but
got stuck at "Waiting for domain to get an ip address" and I'm still
stuck.

I did some digging around the code. Found that, vagrant-libvirt uses
fog (ruby cloud services library)[1] to perform some interactions with
libvirt. I'm stuck at the place where vagrant-libvirt is waiting on
fog to obtain the ip address of the vm [2]. Fog requires a setup
involving arpwatch and rsyslog to get the ip of the domain [3]. I did
the setup, but even then fog couldn't get the address. Might be a
problem with the way I performed the setup (the instructions are old
and based on ubuntu, but I use ArchLinux), as the log file which fog
parses remained empty.

Do you have any tips on how I can resolve this problem? In the mean
time, I'll continue digging around and see if I can fix it myself.

~kaushal

[1] - http://fog.io/
[2] - https://github.com/pradels/vagrant-libvirt/blob/master/lib/vagrant-libvirt/action/wait_till_up.rb#L32
[3] - http://jedi.be/blog/2011/09/13/libvirt-fog-provider/