[Gluster-users] file size coherence issue

Jason Ferrara jason.ferrara at jacquette.com
Mon Jan 20 18:28:59 UTC 2014

On 1/20/2014 4:14 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
> On 01/19/2014 06:35 AM, Jason Ferrara wrote:
>> I'm having an issue where glusterfs is reporting the incorrect size for
>> recently changed files.
>

> Can you check if the results are different after disabling md-cache?
> md-cache can be disabled by running:
>
> volume set <volname> stat-prefetch off

With stat-prefetch off I get the opposite problem. The file sizes are
correct, but the file contents are wrong.

However, with stat-prefetch off and using separate data and lock files,
where I make sure the data file is closed before releasing the lock, and
open the data file only after acquiring the lock, things work correctly.
Should I expect contents of a file to always be consistent across
clients after an fsync, or is an open on the client required to refresh
the data cache?

Note that with stat-prefetch on, I get the file size errors even when
using separate data and lock files.

Thanks

  - Jason

--