[Gluster-users] engine-iso-uploader -- REST API not usable?

Ted Miller tmiller at hcjb.org
Fri Jan 17 17:49:55 UTC 2014

I ran into this problem when I tried to use engine-iso-uploader, but reading on the lists makes it sound like it may be a more general problem.  There was a bug that caused this, but that was back in the ver. 3.0/3.1 days, and doesn't seem common since then.

Back on Dec 24 I was able to upload an ISO file OK, so I am not sure what has changed since then.

I am running a test setup, fully up to date:
office2a  host w/ glusterfs Centos 6
office4a  host w/ glusterfs Centos 6
ov-eng01 engine on Centos 6 VM (not hosted on oVirt)
office9  KVM host (not oVirt) for ov-eng01

whether I log in to ov-eng01 by ssh or execute the command from the console, I get:

# engine-iso-uploader list -v
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available and does the CA certificate exist?

checking on some things suggested on a thread about engine-iso-uploader back in March, I get:

# ls -la /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 4569 Nov 10 15:13 /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem

# cat /var/log/ovirt-engine/ovirt-iso-uploader/ovirt-iso-uploader/20140117112938.log
2014-01-17 11:29:44::ERROR::engine-iso-uploader::512::root:: Problem connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available and does the CA certificate exist?

The thread back in March gave a work-around to upload ISO images directly, so I am not "blocked" from uploading images, but I would like to get things working "right", as I am afraid the problem will "turn around and bite me" down the road.

Ted Miller