[Gluster-users] Structure needs cleaning on some files Message: 14 of Gluster-users Digest, Vol 69, Issue 17

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Thu Jan 16 21:04:01 UTC 2014

Maik Kulbe,

I am wanting to use FUSE mount for a gluster volume.  I am experiencing
the "structure needs cleaning" message.  What feature did you adjust to
fix your issue?  I any doc/thread list is appreciated on this matter.

        "How do you mount your Client? FUSE? I had similar problems
>         when playing around with the timeout options for the FUSE
>         mount. If they are too high they cache the metadata for too
>         long. When you move the file the inode should stay the same
>         and on the second node the path should stay in cache for a
>         while so it still knows the inode for that moved files old
>         path thus can act on the file without knowing it's path.
>
>         The problems kick in when you delete a file and recreate it -
>         the cache tries to access the old inode, which was deleted,
>         thus throwing errors. If I recall correctly the "structure
>         needs cleaning" is one of two error messages I got, depending
>         on which of the timeout mount options was set to a higher value.
"

Thanks,

Khoi Mai
Union Pacific Railroad
Distributed Engineering & Architecture
Project Engineer

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**