[Gluster-users] gluster and kvm livemigration

Bernhard Glomm bernhard.glomm at ecologic.eu
Thu Jan 16 10:52:36 UTC 2014

I experienced a strange behavior of glusterfs during livemigration
of a qemu-kvm guest
using a 10GB file on a mirrored gluster 3.4.2 volume
(both on ubuntu 13.04)
I runvirsh migrate --verbose --live --unsafe --p2p --domain atom01 --desturi qemu+ssh://<target_ip>/system
and the migration works,
the running machine is pingable and keeps sending pings.
nevertheless, when I let the machine touch a file during migration
it stops, complaining that it's filesystem is read only (from that moment that
migration finished)

A reboot from inside the machine failes,
machine goes down and comes up with an error
unable to write to sector xxxxxx on hd0
(than falling into the initrd).
virsh destroy VM && virsh start VM
leads to a perfect running VM again,
no matter on which of the two hosts I start the machine
anybody better experience with livemigration?
any hint on a procedure how to debug that?
TIA
Bernhard
--

            Bernhard Glomm

            IT Administration

                  Phone:

                  +49 (30) 86880 134

                  Fax:

                  +49 (30) 86880 100

                  Skype:

                  bernhard.glomm.ecologic

          Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH | Pfalzburger Str. 43/44 | 10717 Berlin | Germany

          GF: R. Andreas Kraemer | AG: Charlottenburg HRB 57947 | USt/VAT-IdNr.: DE811963464

          Ecologic™ is a Trade Mark (TM) of Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH