[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.6 planning

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Jan 15 14:44:19 UTC 2014

Hi All,

We had the first beta release of 3.5 today and this does seem like a
good time to get started with planning for GlusterFS 3.6.

We are considering a short release cycle for 3.6 and in all probability,
this is going to be the last major release in the 3.x series. We will
turn our attention to 4.0 after this release. The tentative dates for
3.6 are as under:

13th Feb, 2014 - Feature proposal freeze

16th Apr, 2014 - Feature freeze & Branching

30th Apr, 2014 - Community Test Weekend #1

20th May, 2014 - 3.6.0 Beta Release

24th May, 2014 - Community Test Day2

  6th Jun, 2014 - 3.6.0 GA

The planning page for 3.6 is at [1]. New features can be proposed at
[2]. After the proposal freeze, we can slot proposed projects into
"core" and "nice to have" feature buckets in the planning page over an
IRC meeting. Some of the features that did not make to 3.5 will soon
find their way into the 3.6 planning page

Please do chime in with your thoughts on the schedule and propose
features for addition to GlusterFS 3.6.

Cheers,
Vijay

[1] http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning36