[Gluster-users] Replicate to single brick back to replicate

William Kwan potatok at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 05:53:10 UTC 2014

Yes, that's what I did and I got a failure without any text.
I think it should throw more text about the use of a mount point as I created the original volume with the latest release.

When I use a path, which is a mount point to a xfs, e.g.
# gluster volume add-brick vol1 replica 2 onode2:/data2/newbrick
volume add-brick: failed:

If I create a dir "brick" under /data2/newbrick and run the command it would work fine.

On Monday, January 13, 2014 1:24 PM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

On 01/13/2014 09:31 PM, William Kwan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a volume with 2 replica. I took one off and the volume become one with one brick only.  Is there anyway I can add one brick in and turn it back to a replicated volume ?

"gluster volume add-brick <volname> replica 2 <new-brick>" should turn
it back into a replicated volume.

-Vijay