[Gluster-users] Multi-head NFS/Gluster

Dan Mons dmons at cuttingedge.com.au
Sun Jan 12 22:52:58 UTC 2014

I've configured all of my Gluster nodes to use standard Linux Ethernet bonding.

We've got Myricom PCI-E 10GBE cards with two NICs per card, bonded
with the balance-xor (mode 2) option.  That restricts any individual
client to 10gbit/s, but can give a global 20gbit/s in and out of each
node when multiple clients hit them.

Gluster then only cares about one logical interface, and NFS
configuration is simple.

-Dan
Dan Mons
R&D SysAdmin