[Gluster-users] Preparing my future split-brain condition

Hoggins! fuckspam at wheres5.com
Thu Jan 9 19:15:19 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I'm going to have a problem.

I have a replicated Gluster storage with two bricks. Brick1 lost
connectivity a few days ago, but I did not notice (ok, that served me,
I'm monitoring it). Then Brick2 was accidentaly disconnected this
morning. Then Brick1's connectivity was restored.
I *know* that when Brick2 will be online again, I will encounter a
split-brain condition.

So what do I do ?
I was wondering if there is a way to tell Gluster that, in case of a
split-brain condition, it should always consider that the valid files
are, e.g. the newest files on both bricks, or any other criteria. Is
that possible ? That would solve my problem, because I know what
happened on my bricks for a few days, but I fear that some of my files
will be inaccesible due to the upcoming split-brain status.

Do you have an idea to help me ?

Thanks in advance !

    Hoggins!