[Gluster-users] Gluster NFS high-availibility

Jia-Hao Chen cjhecm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 16:47:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am doing a preliminary test of using Gluster NFS to replace our old NFS
server. I created a replicate volume with 2 bricks and setup up CTDB to
manage IP takeover.

My test is very simple. Copy a large file to the nfs mount, and unplug
power cord while the file is copying. After couples of seconds, the
survival node take over IP address successfully and nfs client established
a new connection to it. Everything seems to be fine. But the copy didn't
continue due to an inode lock still granted to someone. After around 15~20
minutes, the lock was gone and copy continues.

But after copy finished, the checksum of the file is wrong. I repeatedly
test this case several times but the result are the same. Have anyone known
how to setup a high-availability Gluster NFS server correctly? or can give
me some hint about it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Harry Chen