[Gluster-users] nfs.mem-factor

Khoi Mai KHOIMAI at UP.COM
Mon Jan 6 18:38:27 UTC 2014

Has anybody had experience with this gluster feature

Option: nfs.mem-factor
Default Value: (null)
more memory. This option specifies a multiple that determines the total
amount of m emory used. Default value is 15. Increase to use more memory
in order to improve performance for certain use cases.  Please consult
gluster-users list before using this option.

I am consulting the community before I proceed.

In addition to that feature.  Are there detailed examples of when to use
these features?  I'm not understanding what use-cases would justify them.
I know I should just use out it the box and adjust accordingly, but I'm
not fully understanding what they do to the volume in order to make the
appropriate adjustments.  Right now my goal is speed in my 2x2
distrib/repl. setup.  I want to be able to serve content files to apache
and coldfusion.

Thanks,
Khoi Mai

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**