[Gluster-users] One brick always has a lot of files that need to be heal

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 10:14:43 UTC 2014

Another possibility is that those files are under constant modification. At the moment self-heal info shows some false +ves, i.e. even when files don't need self-heal but are undergoing normal I/O it shows them in the output. This has been a problem seen by lot of users for a while now and the following patches have been submitted upstream/3.5 and are undergoing review. With these changes false +ves in files undergoing data changes (writes/truncates) won't be reported.
Upstream:
http://review.gluster.org/6637
http://review.gluster.org/6624
http://review.gluster.org/6603