[Gluster-users] Newbie Advice

Shannon Ward sward at elementsolutions.com
Fri Feb 28 05:16:22 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I¹m sward.  Call me sward.

I have to say that I am a bit of a newbie to Gluster, however, my company
wishes to migrate from a non-clustered NFS server to a 2 brick gluster
(replica 2) setup using fuse tcp connections from clients.

The goal is to convert an NFS setup to a Gluster setup with the least
amount of downtime for client machines (customers).

Any tips for migration?  Specifically...
 - Is there a way to ³import² existing NFS data (files/folders) into
gluster without rsync¹ing data to another server?
   - For instance, is it possible to convert an NFS mount point into a
gluster mount point on the same server?

I could go into a whole lot of detail, but I am wondering if anyone else
has encountered this type of situation and can share some learnings.

All on AWS.

Thanks!

Regards,

‹sward