[Gluster-users] Rebalance times in 3.2.5 vs 3.4.2

Viktor Villafuerte viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 28 01:33:38 UTC 2014

Hi Matt,

if the 'status' says 0 for everything that's not good. Normally when I
do rebalance the numbers should change (up). Also the rebalance log
should show files being moved around.

For the errors - my (limited) experience with Gluster is that the 'W'
are normally harmless and they show up quite a bit. For the actuall
error 'E' you could try to play with 'auth.allow' as suggested here

http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2011-November/009094.html

Normally when rebalancing I do count of files on the bricks and the
Gluster mount to make sure they eventually add up. Also I grep and count
'-T' and see how the count goes down and 'rw' count goes up.