[Gluster-users] Secure Setup / Separate GlusterFS / Encryption

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Wed Feb 26 19:31:34 UTC 2014

On 26.02.2014 15:47, Lance Reed wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has any working examples of the below
> reference
> of setting up ecryptfs with Gluster?  My attempts so far have failed
> work correctly and I am looking to ee if it is actually an option with
> the
> most recent versions of glusterfs?

I do not know how Glusterfs works well enough to say why ecryptfs
doesn't function properly.
What I would try though is to create a raw file on that NFS share and
either:
1. loop mount it and put ecryptfs on it OR
2. format it with luks and mount it

I think luks is more performant, though less flexible. This could be
set per user somehow, probably using pam_mount etc.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro