[Gluster-users] glusterd dead but subsys locked

Bernhard Glomm bernhard.glomm at ecologic.eu
Wed Feb 26 09:54:21 UTC 2014

Am I missing something?

Well you just do:

- unmount your glustervolume (if you have it mounted somewhere)
  aka: stop VMs that using libgfapi, unmount nfs-mounts etc. pp.
  aka: stop active use.

- than do
# gluster volume list
# gluster volume stop <volume n>
after you stopped your last volume do
# /etc/init.d/gluster-server stop
(or call the service to stop or what ever your distro recommends

all fine, here at least

hth

\b

Am 26.02.2014 03:33:37, schrieb Viktor Villafuerte:
> Ok.. so you claim this is a feature :)
> So, how do you stop Gluster when you want to stop it then?

> On Tue 25 Feb 2014 15:31:18, Joe Julian wrote:
> > Why is that a problem? Having the ability to restart management daemon without interrupting clients is a common and useful thing.
> >
> > On February 25, 2014 3:23:31 PM PST, Viktor Villafuerte <> > viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.auwro> > te:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've got the same problem here. I did a completely new installation (no
> > > upgrades) and when I do 'service glusterd stop' and after 'status' it
> > > gives the same message. In the meantime there are other about 5
> > > processes
> > > glusterfsd + 4 x glusterfs
> > > that are still running. I can issue 'service glusterfsd stop' which
> > > stops the 'glusterfsd' process but the others stay running. In the logs
> > > there are 'I' messages about bricks/hosts not being available.
> > >
> > > It seems that I'm unable to stop gluster unless I start manually
> > > killing
> > > processes :(
> > >
> > > v3.4.2-1 from Gluster/latest/RHEL6/6.5
> > >

> > > Also there other problems I can see, but I won't confuse this post with
> > > them..

> > > while
> > > didn't
> > > reboot?

> > > confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended
> > > recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or
> > > reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents,
> > > without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by
> > > law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
> > > immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.

> > > --
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Viktor Villafuerte
> > > Optus Internet Engineering
> > > t: 02 808-25265

> > --
> > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

> --
> Regards
>
> Viktor Villafuerte
> Optus Internet Engineering
> t: 02 808-25265

            Bernhard Glomm

            IT Administration

                  Phone:

                  +49 (30) 86880 134

                  Fax:

                  +49 (30) 86880 100

                  Skype:

                  bernhard.glomm.ecologic

          Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH | Pfalzburger Str. 43/44 | 10717 Berlin | Germany

          GF: R. Andreas Kraemer | AG: Charlottenburg HRB 57947 | USt/VAT-IdNr.: DE811963464

          Ecologic™ is a Trade Mark (TM) of Ecologic Institut gemeinnützige GmbH