[Gluster-users] Usage of Libgfapi and License Agreement

John Mark Walker johnmark at gluster.org
Wed Feb 26 07:10:00 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> 1. How to use libgfapi. I dont have/see any proper document to use this with
> GlusterFS 3.4.2.

I agree this is much needed - we are working on docs, but I don't know what stage of development they are in.

> 2. Can i use GlusterFS 3.4.2 to my proprietary application under LGPL version
> as i want to distribute my application for my commercial purposes.

We released libgfapi under the LGPL v3+ for this very reason. All parts of GlusterFS are dual-licensed under the GPL v2 and LGPL v3+

As for whether the LGPL grants you the right to do what you want in your particular situation is not a question I can answer. I can only direct you to other sources of information.

-JM