[Gluster-users] Very slow ls

Franco Broi Franco.Broi at iongeo.com
Sun Feb 16 06:28:54 UTC 2014

Hi all

I've been trying to  understand why Gluster dht is so slow when listing some directories and not others. strace'ing ls on a directory of directories shows it pause on the last getdents. I wrote a simple perl script to open the directory and read the entries, it shows the same effect, the last call to readdir which returns NULL takes nearly a minute to return. Doing a recursive read on the sub directories can take 10 minutes...

Any ideas what's happening here? It doesn't happen on all directories, especially not newly created ones.

Cheers,

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original.