[Gluster-users] different ssl file paths on a per volume basis

Banio aau at mncarpenters.net
Thu Feb 13 23:00:31 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I have been successful in getting ssl working following this brief
writeup by Jeff Darcy:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2013-05/msg00139.html.
Thanks Jeff.  However, on my nodes I will have multiple volumes. I would
like to be able to restrict access to each volume only to the clients
that should have access to them.

Looking through the source a bit it looks like I need to change the
values: DEFAULT_CERT_PATH, DEFAULT_CA_PATH, and DEFAULT_KEY_PATH.
According to Jeff's write up the location can be changed one of two ways:

"These locations can be changed in your volfiles or from the "glusterfs"
command line (--xlator-option transport.socket...) but not from the
"gluster" CLI."

Could someone give me an example on how to do that via the glusterfs
command line for a particular volume?

I am using gluster 3.4.2 and created a volume like so:

gluster volume create testvol1 replica 2 transport tcp
gluster1.domain.com:/mnt/gluster1/testvol1
gluster2.domain.com:/mnt/gluster1/testvol1

If there's any more info you need just let me know.

Thank you,