[Gluster-users] Node down and volumes unreachable

Marco Zanger mzanger at hexacta.com
Thu Feb 13 14:36:18 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a strange issue related to both distribute and replicate volumes. The problem is this:

I have two servers, A and B. Both share some replicate volumes and distribute volumes, like this:

Volume Name: upload_path
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 15ca11e2-206e-414d-8299-3ae20c54bd8a
Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
Transport-type: tcp
Bricks:
Brick1: <IP-A>:<some_path>/upload_path
Brick2: <IP-B>: <some_path>/upload_path

Each server mounts to self like this. In server A:

glusterfs#<IP_A>:upload_path on <some_path>/upload_path type fuse (rw,default_permissions,allow_other,max_read=131072)

I've used both glusterfs and nfs for my tests, but when server B is down (unreachable from A) we cannot access (nor read or write) the volumes within A.

Is this related to some configuration?

Marco Zanger
Phone 54 11 5299-5400 (int. 5501)
Clay 2954, C1426DLD, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Think Green - Please do not print this email unless you really need to