[Gluster-users] Gluster NFS server not starting on boot

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Mon Feb 3 11:21:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/03/2014 04:03 PM, Andrew Lau wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a config to have the gluster NFS server start on boot?
>>
>> I'm having this weird issue where in a two brick replica (one offline
>> temporarily) the NFS server will show as Online: N. The NFS server will
>> only startup if I make a change to an option (such as change the cache
>> size)  or the second host comes up.
>>
>> The volume is however still mountable through glusterfs.
>>
>> Here are my configs:
>> performance.cache-size: 1GB
>> server.allow-insecure: on
>> performance.io-thread-count: 8
>> auth.allow: 172.16.*.*
>> storage.owner-uid: 36
>> storage.owner-gid: 36
>> nfs.disable: no
>> performance.quick-read: off
>> performance.read-ahead: off
>> performance.io-cache: off
>> performance.stat-prefetch: off
>> cluster.eager-lock: enable
>> network.remote-dio: enable
>> cluster.quorum-type: none
>> cluster.server-quorum-type: none
>>
>> nfs.register-with-portmap: on
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Looking up the nfs log file in /var/log/glusterfs might provide some clue.
>
> -Vijay

I nulled all the log files and did a reboot. nfs.log remains empty but
etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log has a couple errors about the other brick
not being online eg.
E [socket.c:2157:socket_connect_finish] 0-management: connection to
172.16.1.11:24007 failed (No route to host)
W [socket.c:514:__socket_rwv] 0-management: readv failed (No data available)