[Gluster-users] Replacing a gluster server

Zhuchao@gmail.com zhuchao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 00:52:22 UTC 2014

from the link you referred, they are running vm on top of glusterfs. Looks like an openstack setup.

looks like while the brick is being replaced,  the vm is still ok.

My question is while they replace the brick , the vm image file on glusterfs still remains open and continue modified. Replace brick is copy the file from one server brick to another server brick, is that possible? How does glusterfs do that if it is file level os copy?

Thx

best regards
Zhu Chao