[Gluster-users] # of replica != number pf bricks?

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:49:47 UTC 2014

According to the docs (Link
<http://gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1:_Configuring_Distributed_Replicated_Volumes>)
"The number of bricks should be a multiple of the replica count for a
distributed replicated volume.". What I understand is that creating a
replica 2 volume with 3 bricks should not work, but I haven't really tried
it.

Regarding to quorum, unfortunately, I've got no experience with it.

> Am Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2014, 18:02:57 schrieb Juan José Pavlik Salles:
> > Yes it's totally possible. If you are going to use replica 2, you will
> need
> > an even number of bricks in your volume, for instance 2, 4 6, 8, etc.
> > Gluster will set the volume as a distributed replicated volume.

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > what happens if the number of replica in a volume is not equal to the
> > > number
> > > of bricks?
> > >
> > > Sample: I have a volume with 4 bricks (on four peers) and only what to
> > > have
> > > two replicats of every file. Is that possible?
>
> What happens if I have 3 peers for quorum. I create 3 bricks and want to
> have
> only two replicas in my volume.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Michael Schwartzkopff
>
> --
> [*] sys4 AG
>
> http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64, +49 (162) 165 0044
> Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: München, Amtsgericht München: HRB 199263
> Vorstand: Patrick Ben Koetter, Marc Schiffbauer
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Florian Kirstein

Pavlik Salles Juan José
Blog - http://viviendolared.blogspot.com