[Gluster-users] A year's worth of Gluster

Franco Broi franco.broi at iongeo.com
Mon Dec 8 02:15:12 UTC 2014

Our theoretical peak throughput is about 4Gbytes/sec or 4 x 10Gbits/Sec,
you can see from the graph that the maximum recorded is 3.6GB/Sec. This
was probably during periods of large sequential IO.

We have a small cluster of clients (10) with 10Gbit ethernet but the
majority of our machines (130) have gigabit. The throughput maximum for
the 10Gbit connected machines was just over 3GBytes/Sec with individual
machines recording about 800MB/Sec.

We can easily saturate our 10Gbit links on the servers as each JBOD is
capable of better than 500MB/Sec but with mixed sequential/random access
it seems like a good compromise.

We have another 2 server Gluster system with the same specs and we get
1.8GB/Sec reads and 1.1GB/Sec writes.

What are you using to measure your throughput?