[Gluster-users] Folder disappeared on volume, but exists on bricks.

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Thu Dec 4 15:32:47 UTC 2014

I think I know now what happened:

- 2 gluster volumes on 2 different servers: A and B.
- A=production, B=testing
- On server "B" we will soon expand, so I read up on how to add new nodes.
- Therefore on server "B" I ran "gluster probe A", assuming that "probe"
was just reading *if* A would be available.

It seems that "probing" another node already writes configuration data
onto them.

That seems to be the reason why the data of the bricks didn't show up on
the volume mountpoint on "A", because it was now already pointing to "B".

Pb