[Gluster-users] deploy glusterfs on LXC

Bin Zhou lakerzhou at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 19:35:52 UTC 2014

@Tamas
where should I find the logs. I don't see any log under /var/log for glusterfs in the container.

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:32:02 PM, Tamas Papp <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:

On 08/28/2014 03:55 PM, Bin Zhou wrote:

I am trying to deploy glusterfs server (3.5.2-2) on LXCs running Ubuntu 14.0.4. However I cannot find a viable method to attach an additional logical volume block device to LXC except using dev loop. GlusterFS volume is created and started without any problem. But the client fails to mount to glusterfs volume.

>ubuntu at gserv-5:~$ sudo gluster volume create gv2 replica 2 gserv-5:/data/brick1/gv2  gserv-6:/data/brick1/gv2
>volume create: gv2: failed: Host gserv-6 is not in 'Peer in
          Cluster' state
>ubuntu at gserv-5:~$ sudo gluster peer probe gserv-6
>peer probe: success.
>
>ubuntu at gserv-6:~$ sudo gluster volume start gv3
>volume start: gv3: success
>ubuntu at gserv-6:~$ sudo gluster volume info
>
>Volume Name: gv3
>Type: Replicate
>Volume ID: 822ac57e-d033-439a-9d98-c9162d00c50b
>Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2
>Transport-type: tcp
>Bricks:
>Brick1: gserv-5:/data/brick1/gv3
>Brick2: gserv-6:/data/brick1/gv3
>

>ubuntu at gserv-6:~$ sudo mount -t glusterfs gserv-5:/gv3 /mnt/gv3
>Mount failed. Please check the log file for more details.
>

>ubuntu at gserv-6:~$ mount
>/dev/ubuntu-vg/lv-6 on / type ext3 (rw)
>proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
>sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
>... ...
>/dev/loop3 on /data/brick1 type ext3 (rw)
>

>I am new to GlusterFS. Could someone help me to troubleshoot this issue please?
>Thanks a lot!

What are in the logs?