[Gluster-users] Moving brick of replica volume to new mount on filesystem.

Joseph Jozwik jjozwik at printsites.com
Tue Aug 26 19:42:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

I need to move a brick to another location on the filesystem.
My initial plan was to stop the gluster server with
1. service glusterfs-server stop
2. rsync -ap brick3 folder to new volume on server
3. umount old volume and bind mount the new to the same location.

However I stopped the glusterfs-server on the node and there was still
background processes running glusterd. So I was not sure how to safely stop
them.

I also attempted to replace-brick to a new location on the server but that
did not work with "volume replace-brick: failed: Commit failed on
localhost. Please check the log file for more details."

Then attempted remove brick with

"volume remove-brick gdata2tb replica 2 10.0.1.31:/mnt/data2tb/gbrick3
start"
gluster> volume remove-brick gdata2tb 10.0.1.31:/mnt/data2tb/gbrick3 status
volume remove-brick: failed: Volume gdata2tb is not a distribute volume or
contains only 1 brick.
Not performing rebalance
gluster>

Volume Name: gdata2tb
Type: Replicate
Volume ID: 6cbcb2fc-9fd7-467e-9561-bff1937e8492