[Gluster-users] 2014 Linux Plumbers Call for File and Storage Systems Microconference Proposals

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 07:40:01 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:09:53AM -0400, Ric Wheeler wrote:
> Submission for Microconferences discussion topics and BOFs are now open [1]
> and as a File and Storage Systems [2] microconference leads we'd like to
> invite you to submit your proposals.
>
> You can find the instructions on how to propose a discussion topic here:
>
> http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/how-to-submit-microconference-discussions-topics/
>
> The Linux Plumbers Conference has officially sold out all of the places, so
> we encourage submissions for our file and storage microconference from
> people who have already registered.  We will work to get exceptionally
> compelling session leaders registered, but our ability is limited, so please
> submit your topics early.
>
> Deadline for submissions is Friday, August 30th at midnight and we will
> announce the topics on Monday, September 1st.
>
> If you have any questions, please let us know.

Hi,

of course Gluster would like to be part of the File and Storage Systems
track in October.

After thinking about this a little, a suitable topic would be the
integration of FS-Cache with FUSE. It is a project I've been long
planning to look into, but never found the time for. Recently, Vimal (on
CC) mentioned that he is interested in working on this for a university
project. For this, I'm planning to work with Vimal and guide him where I
can. I plan to submit this project for the conference later this week.

If you have an other topic that we can propose, let me know or submit
one yourself. I'm open to work with others on ideas that we (the Gluster
community) can present and discuss at this miniconference. But remember
that the deadline it this Friday!

Thanks,
Niels