[Gluster-users] Gluster for Vmware

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 25 13:19:25 UTC 2014

Do you mean you want to mount a gluster volume on a virtual machine? You
can do that the same way you'd do it on a real machine.  You can
probably even create a brick on a virtual machine but I don't see much
point in that.

But we regularly mount our gluster volume on virtual machines.  We use
debian so it's as simple as this:

1. service glusterfs-server start
2. mount -t glusterfs localhost:/volumename /mountpoint