[Gluster-users] LSI Syncro CS with Glusterfs

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 10:08:33 UTC 2014

On 08/20/2014 02:15 AM, Eric Horwitz wrote:
> Well the idea is to build a dual server cluster in a box using hardware
> meant more for Windows storage server 2012. This way we do not need to
> replicate data across the nodes since the 2 servers see the same block
> storage and you have active failover on all the hardware. Dataon has a
> system for this and they even suggest using gluster however, I cannot
> seem to figure out how to implement this model. All gluster nodes would
> need to be active and there doesn't seem to be a master - slave failover
> model. Thoughts?

One way of doing this could be:

- Both servers have to be part of the gluster trusted storage pool.

- Create a distributed volume with a brick from one of the servers, say
server1.

- Upon server failover, replace/failover the brick by bringing in a new
brick from server2. Both old and new bricks would need to refer to the
same underlying block storage. I am not aware of what hooks Syncro
provides to perform this failover. Brick replacement without any data
migration can be achieved by:

volume replace-brick <volname> <src-brick> <dst-brick> commit force

-Vijay