[Gluster-users] Enforce direct-io for volume rather than mount

Anirban Ghoshal chalcogen_eg_oxygen at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 10:37:57 UTC 2014

Suppose I have a replica 2 setup using XFS for my volume, and that I also export my files over nfs, and write access is expected.

Now if I wish to avoid split brains at all cost, even during server crashes and such, I am given to understand that direct-io mode would help. I know that there is a direct-io option with my mount.glusterfs program, but I wish for a direct-io enforcement for my entire volume so as to enforce uncached writes to the underlying XFS.

Any ideas on how I could achieve that?

Thanks for your replies.
Anirban