[Gluster-users] glusterfs to replace nfs?

cvb at kruemel.org cvb at kruemel.org
Sun Aug 17 07:59:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

maybe a daft, but hopefully easy question: I'm having some issues with
nfs, statd, etc., which I'm unable to resolve since months (and which
are on-topic elsewhere), and am therefore looking for alternatives to
mount some resources on my storage server to a couple of VMs running
here.

I made very good experience with glusterfs in the past, and hence tried
it: Created (local-only) volumes with only one brick in them, and
mounted these on the VMs.

It appears to work - I'm just wondering if I'm naively doing something
which might lead to issues...? And is there a (small) limit to the
number of volumes I can create?

Thanks, Chris