[Gluster-users] glusterfs-server as an option for CentOS package installation

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 07:03:30 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 11:58 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 08/06/2014 02:25 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
>> On 08/06/2014 01:25 PM, Robert Moss wrote:
>>> Hi Community,
>>>
>>> Will there be a complete gluster install package available with CentOS
>>> releases in the future?
>>
>> There is a complete set of packages at
>>
>>    http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/LATEST/
>
> And we do have someone working on including those packages in the
> CentOS Storage SIG repository when that goes live.
>
> Or maybe it's already live. In any event we're working on get those
> packages into CentOS as seamlessly as possible.

Yup, CentOS storage SIG [1] should give community easy way to consume
GlusterFS.  CentOS community is readying a koji infrastructure[2]  to
build RPMs for the same.  The first iteration of RPMs should be
available in couple of weeks. Stay tuned to Gluster and CentOS mailing
lists till then :). Till that time you can use download.gluster.org as
mentioned in the previous mails.

[1] http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/Proposal
[2] http://cbs.centos.org/koji/

Thanks,