[Gluster-users] How to see gluster in a picture

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 08:00:14 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 12:29:20AM -0300, Juan José Pavlik Salles wrote:
> After a few days I finally had some time to build the project a upload it
> to the forge. The link is https://forge.gluster.org/glustergraph , don't
> kill me, I am not a developer haha. Any comments will be more than
> appreciated.

Thanks for getting that done!

I'm not really a Java developer, so reviewing the code and sending
improvements isn't something I'm planning to do at the moment. But, feel
free to ask me if you have any questions related to git and pushing
changes to the Gluster Forge.

Your documentation is very good, it deserves some promotion ;-)
- https://forge.gluster.org/glustergraph/pages/Home

If you plan to keep providing the .jar in the git repository, I suggest
you add a download link in the documentation. The latest version in the
master branch can get downloaded from here:
- https://forge.gluster.org/glustergraph/glustergraph/blobs/raw/master/GlusterGraph/ExecJar/glustergraph.jar

When you introduce versioning, you can create tags and automatically
have make versioned downloads available:

0. Make sure all the changes have been committed to your local
   repository, this includes the generated .jar file.

1. Create a tag in your local git repository (HEAD is current state, you
   can use a commit-id or name of a branch too):

    $ git tag -a v0.1

2. Push the tag (and its dependencies) to the remote repository:

    $ git push origin v0.1

3. Download location of the v0.1 version:
   - https://forge.gluster.org/glustergraph/glustergraph/blobs/raw/v0.1/GlusterGraph/ExecJar/glustergraph.jar

HTH,
Niels