[Gluster-users] Gluster Install and Hardware expert.

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 20:32:19 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 04:07 PM, James wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 18:38 +0200, William John van Jaarsveldt
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a Gluser Install and Hardware expert, somebody I
>> can contract to advice and help with a gluster installation.
>>
>> They system we are planning will run in production, I don't have
>> the time to actually play and test to the full extend I need.
>>
>> We will be a Debian Wheezy based server system.
>>
>> Any body know of a company I can contract.
>
> RedHat. Storage division.

As much as I appreciate the plug, and the amusing brevity, I'm not sure
that's the right answer.  AFAIK, Red Hat provides traditional support
only for "Red Hat Storage" which is the fully packaged incarnation of
GlusterFS on RHEL (plus a bunch of other bits) and is constrained to
certain hardware configurations.  We don't support other hardware/OS
permutations because we don't have the capacity to test them the way we
test RHS, so support for them is community-based (though it's often the
same Red Hat employees providing it).

To answer William's question: I do not personally know of any people or
companies who provide this kind of GlusterFS-oriented service on an
ongoing basis, other than Red Hat and RHS.  This is certainly the place
to ask, though.  Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong.