[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.4 QEMU and Permission Denied Errors

Andrew Niemantsverdriet andrew at rocky.edu
Thu Sep 26 16:32:05 UTC 2013

First sorry for the delay, and thank you for the responses.

Inline:
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Asias He <asias.hejun at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Andrew Niemantsverdriet
> <andrew at rocky.edu> wrote:
> > Right now I am just using virsh to start the machines, I have also
> > tried using Virtual Machine Manager to start them.
>
> Try 'chmod qemu.qemu image_on_gluster.qcow2'. This along with the
> 'option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on' and 'gluster volume set <volname>
> server.allow-insecure on' should make libvirt+qemu+libgfapi work.

The chown command worked great. Is there there a way to tell qemu-img when
it creates the image to give it proper ownership? It is annoying to have to
mount the gluster volume to the host and chown then unmount it. Any ideas
on how to make that process less painful?

> > I have enabled Gluster mounting from insecure ports, forgot to mention
> > that in my first email. It looks like the disk mounts as it starts to
> > boot but nothing can be written to the disk as it just hangs in an
> > infinite loop.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >  _
> > /-\ ndrew
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Samuli Heinonen <samppah at neutraali.net>
> wrote:
> >> Hello Andrew,
> >>
> >> How are you booting/managing VM's? Which user you use to launch them?
> >>
> >> Have you enabled Gluster mounting from insecure ports? It needs two
> changes.
> >> You have to edit glusterd.vol (in /etc/glusterfs directory) and add line
> >> "option rpc-auth-allow-insecure on". Also you have to set volume option
> >> server.allow-insecure on (ie. gluster volume set volname
> >> server.allow-insecure on). Restart of glusterd and stop and start of the
> >> volume is required for these changes to take effect.

> > --
> >  _
> > /-\ ndrew Niemantsverdriet
> > Linux System Administrator