[Gluster-users] Mounting a sub directory of a glusterfs volume

Anup Nair anup at corp.india.com
Mon Sep 23 13:37:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Varun Shastry <vshastry at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Monday 23 September 2013 12:59 PM, Anup Nair wrote:
>
>  I am not sure if posting with the subject copied from the webpage of
> mail-list of an existing thread would loop my response under the same.
> Apologies if it doesn't.
>
> http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2012-April/010079.html
>
> - Varun Shastry

This server needs to be handed over to another user with 'root' rights. The
main volume mounted is accessible to root user. It exposes all the folders
within. This is not desirable. The work-around I have in mind is to have
NFS server in between gluster and its client, but that will not have
fail-over and would result in poor performance--in short the purpose of
gluster  :(