[Gluster-users] Mounting a sub directory of a glusterfs volume

Anup Nair anup at corp.india.com
Mon Sep 23 07:29:11 UTC 2013

I am not sure if posting with the subject copied from the webpage of
mail-list of an existing thread would loop my response under the same.
Apologies if it doesn't.

I am trying to figure a way to mount a directory within a gluster volume to
a web server. This directory is enabled with quota to limit a users' usage.

gluster config:
 Volume Name: test-volume
 features.limit-usage: /gluster/Images:1GB
 features.quota: on

I want to mount the subfolder 'Images' on a client server.

I tried the following on a client:
mount -t glusterfs dbstore1r293:/test-volume/Images /Images

That failed because it is looking for 'key:/test-volume/Images'

This client server needs to be handed over to a group who would have root
access to manage server & its services. Hence, mounting the whole gluster
volume is a drawback.

Is there any way out?
*
Regards,