[Gluster-users] Volume Types?

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Thu Sep 19 09:30:23 UTC 2013

On 09/19/2013 02:55 PM, Jake G. wrote:

> Does this mean I need 4 host servers (peers) to do this?
> or
> Do I could I create 4 bricks within the single distributed volume?
>
> I am really confused (X_X)

You would need 4 bricks of 100GB, 2 on each server, and create a
distribute-replicate volume, with replica count of 2.

The command to be run would be of the syntax given below.

gluster volume create <VOL-NAME> replica 2 server1:/bricks/brick1
server2:/bricks/brick1 server1:/bricks/brick2 server1:/bricks/brick2

The order in which the bricks are given in the command is important to
specify which bricks form replica sets.

Since the replica count given in the above example is 2,
server1:/bricks/brick1 - server2:/bricks/brick1 will be a replica set,
and server1:/bricks/brick2 - server1:/bricks/brick2 will the other
replica set.

- rejy (rmc)