[Gluster-users] Glusterfs looses extendeed attributes Samba 4

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Sep 19 08:00:22 UTC 2013

I logon to the samba4 domain. To set the home directory with the dsa.msc
tool from a windows client-->there profile
  even the tool complaining the directory could not be created. It is on my
linux box on the glusterd root /raid5hs..
The home directories are on a gluster volume exported using samba 4:
 [home]
path= /mnt/glusterfs/ads/home <---- my glusterfs-client mount
        readonly = No
         posix locking =NO
       vfs objects = acl_xattr <--- set but no function

I  do a "mount -t glusterfs 172.17.1.1:/sambacluster /mnt/glusterfs -o ac"
no result.
I think this is an issue of the glusterfs 3.4 client

I cannot see any extended attributes from a windows client!
Strange!!!

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus