[Gluster-users] gluster volume top issue

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 17:14:46 UTC 2013

On 18/09/2013, at 5:18 PM, Nux! wrote:
> On 18.09.2013 16:39, Justin Clift wrote:
>>> This sounds like the kind of thing GlusterFlow is meant to
>>> address:
>>> https://github.com/justinclift/glusterflow
>> Oh, there's also "gtop" too, which is more refined though
>> targeted towards real time stats:
>>  https://forge.gluster.org/gtop
>> It might be an even better fit for your problem than
>> GlusterFlow?
>
> Justin,
>
> Are you sure gtop is showing most used files? I'm reading the docs now and I don't see this mentioned anywhere...

Ugh, you're right.  Just double checked, and I was mis-remembering
a screenshot from Niels recent Gluster talk. :(

Looks like the early stages GlusterFlow project is about the
only way to get the info atm... and it's not exactly trivial
to set up.

The whole step of "insert translator into .vol file" can
apparently be simplified greatly.  Jeff mentioned a while ago
there is a .py script (or similar) for modifying .vol files
through a Gluster filter.  I haven't yet looked into it, but
it sounds like it would make this step pretty much trivial.

Not sure if that really helps you atm though. ;)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift