[Gluster-users] Strange Sync Problem - FS not matching GlusterFS

Cristiano Bianchi c.bianchi at keepthinking.it
Tue Sep 17 06:45:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

we have a strange sync issue. Scenario:

   - GlusterFS 3.2.5 with two nodes, N1 and N2, replicating over VLAN
   - Both nodes share the /home folder, in both cases mounted on
   /mnt/glusterfs/
   - If I create file in N1 /mnt/glusterfs/user1/test.txt it shows up in
   /home/user1/test.txt - all normal
   - It also shows up on N2 in /mnt/glusterfs/user1/test.txt - but NOT (and
   this is the odd part) in N2 /home/user1/
   - If I do the same starting from N2, creating a file in N2
   /mnt/glusterfs/user1/test.txt it all works: the file shows up in N2
   /home/user1, N1 /mnt/glusterfs/user1 and N1 /home/user1

My questions are (if they can be answered based on the info provided):

   - What could have gone wrong and how to fix it?
   - How do I re-sync the /home folder in N2 to match the content of
   glusterfs - which is correct in the virtual FS N2 /mnt/glusterfs

It seems that N2 has lost the wires between the glusterfs db and the 'real
world' of the filesystem.

With many thanks,
Cristiano

--