[Gluster-users] Gluster Cluster

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 17:34:16 UTC 2013

On 09/16/2013 07:48 PM, Shaun Pale wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a glusterfs cluster underpinning a KVM virtual server in a two
> host setup. Today the cluster just froze and stopped working. I have
> rebooted both nodes, brought up the storage again. I can see all the
> vm files there but when I try to start the vm the machine just hangs.
> How can I see if gluster is trying to synchronise files between the
> two servers?

Hi Shaun,

What the gluster volume 's topology? What is the current status of the
volume? Check gluster log files (e.g.
/var/log/glusterfs/etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log
  .  if it is a replicate or distribute replicate then you should check
if split-brain happened using below command line.

# gluster v heal
Usage: volume heal <VOLNAME> [{full | info {healed | heal-failed |
split-brain}}]

-Lala