[Gluster-users] Samba vfs_glusterfs Quota Support?

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 07:09:52 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 05:26 PM, David Gibbons wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm setting up a gluster cluster that will be accessed via smb. I was
> hoping that the quotas. I've configured a quota on the path itself:
>
> # gluster volume quota gfsv0 list
>         path              limit_set          size
> /shares/testsharedave       10GB                8.0KB
>
> And I've configured the share in samba (and can access it fine):
> # cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
> [testsharedave]
>         vfs objects = glusterfs
>         glusterfs:volfile_server = localhost
>         glusterfs:volume = gfsv0
>         path = /shares/testsharedave
>         valid users = dave
>         guest ok = no
>         writeable = yes
>
> But windows does not reflect the quota and instead shows the full size
> of the gluster volume.
>
> I've reviewed the code in
> https://forge.gluster.org/samba-glusterfs/samba-glusterfs-vfs/blobs/master/src/vfs_glusterfs.c --
> which does not appear to support passing gluster quotas to samba. So I
> don't think my installation is broken, it seems like maybe this just
> isn't supported.
>
> Can anyone speak to whether or not quotas are going to be implemented
> in vfs_glusterfs for samba? Or if I'm just crazy and doing this wrong
> ;)? I'm definitely willing to help with the code but don't have much
> experience with either samba modules or the gluster API.

Hi David,
Quotas are supported by vfs_glusterfs for samba. I have also set quota
on the volume correctly. If you try to write more data then the quota on
the directory(/shares/testsharedave ), it will not allow.

But for the clients (i.e. Windows/smb, nfs, fuse) to reflect in the meta
data  information (i.e. properties in Windows) , you have run below
volume set  command on respective volume.

gluster volume set <VOLUME NAME> quota-deem-statfs on

-Lala